Wednesday, June 29, 2011

First Court Day

At 9am I was downtown in a small court room which had seating for 8 people.  The judge sat in the front facing an enormous TV that displayed the live streaming video a detainee some where else in the country.  If this case gave a hint to what our future held, it did not look good.  No bail, voluntary departure request denied. Next came Jose.  Mr. Little B asked for a continuance for as long as they would give so that he could prepare for court since he was just hired last week.  Request granted,  August 1st.  They allowed me to see Jose and speak to him for a moment.  It was good to see him after a month of only speaking to him.  I cried.  Jose, of course, was calm and collected.

 I walked away feeling a little numb.  I thought I was going to pass out in that cold room.  When we walked out I was given a task.  To obtain any evidence that would help Joses case.  Family pictures and letters from friends and family vouching for Joses character.  I'm on it boss!   I should be sorting through pictures this weekend and will print them soon enough.  The letters on the other will take a bit longer to get but not impossible.  I've already called upon my friends and family, I am very grateful we have that kind of support.  Dear God please let all this help in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment