Monday, June 6, 2011

Really Emotional Reading


I recently read the blog written by Emily Guzman.  Their families experience left me in tears, not only because it brought out the emotions from what we are going through but because another family suffered great pain as a result of the current immigration policy.

Emily and Pedros story has given me hope and inspiration.

Jose has been in an immigration prison for almost three weeks now.  He still does not have a court date.  I have not seen him in over a month, Cairo has not seen him since April 5, 2011.  I am very grateful that he's at least still in Illinois but the fact that he is 6 hrs away makes it financially impossible for me to visit him any time soon, not to mention that I don't have any vacation time from work to take.  Visitations are on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays for only a few hours in the day and afternoons.

1 comment:

  1. As I read ur blog it makes me sad to read what u r going thru. I don't want to imagine myself loosing my husband ever. I would be distraught and hollow. Ur so courageous for telling ur story.

    ReplyDelete