Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Goooing to the chapel and we're goonna get maaaarried

Two months ago both Jose and I submitted our requests to ICE so that we can get married.  So far nothing has happened.  Someone that is detained with Jose recently got married and was nice enough to give us his wifes number so I can get some guidance as to what it is that needs to be done.  I called her last night and she was nice enough to give me all the details.  Details that are not available on ICE's website, details that the office people I've spoken too at the detention center and the county's office were not able to give me.  So I resent my letter today the way she explained and I'm crossing my fingers that soon enough Jose and I will be married, again.

She also mentioned that Jose and I would not be divided by glass and that we would be in the same room together and that we would be allowed time together, supervised by a guard, of course, so no hanky panky ;)  That brought tears to my eyes, I'd do anything to be allowed to just hold his hand.  I'm anxiously waiting for some sort of response.

No comments:

Post a Comment