Monday, October 17, 2011

Detention conditions and death at the border

It was good to hear Jose's voice yesterday.  He calls on Sundays now and we can only talk for 15 minutes, they go by so fast.  What he said really concerned me.  The detention center has become over populated.  There are 70 people to a room and now there are beds in the gym, hall ways and people sleeping under stairs.  Obviously there are no bathrooms in the gyms.  The conditions there are worsening.  Jose also mentioned that two men, who were recently deported, were killed in Mexico.  I don't know the details but this scared the crap out of me. Hopefully when I talk to him next he'll be able to give me more details about that so I can relay the info to Mr. Little B.  I tried to find information online about people who were deported were killed at the border or shortly after, no luck.  Not even with Mexican news, so if anyone reading this knows of some please send the links my way?

We have court this and next Wednesday.  I'm praying for something good to happen this time.  We really need some good news.  Every time we are in court or awaiting some sort of decision I am hopeful only to be shut down by a denial or not get a response at all.  It's like the Universe is telling us to give up, all we want is for something to go our way.  Jose is tired, he's been detained for almost 7 months now.  He's far away from us and is living in really bad conditions at the center.  My son misses his father and I miss my Gordo.

No comments:

Post a Comment