Wednesday, October 5, 2011

6 months & counting

Today marks 6 months since Jose was arrested.  Since then so many things have happened.   Weeks after Jose was taken by ICE Governor Quinn backed out of S-Comm and recently the Cook County Sheriff also backed away from the horrible program that does little to keep communities safe.  Both decisions were too late for Jose but will, thankfully, stop other families from being separated.

As I mentioned in my previous post I sent a request to the ICE director here to get permission to marry Jose.  I hope this time it moves much faster.  I'm looking forward to being able to be in my Gordos arms even if just for a moment.  Sadly this will be a treat we will not be able to share with Cairo since he is not "needed" for the ceremony.  I'm going to try and argue him in but we'll see.  I've sent a letter to States Attorney Alvarez in hopes she will help us some how with Jose's old case.  I've decided to send that letter to Senator Durbin and the Governor.  As my friend said "what's the worse that can happen?". She's right the worst part is already here, Jose is gone and may never be able to come back.

Cairo and I are both in therapy now.  I've only been going for a couple of weeks so far.  Cairo has been going for about two months now.  He's become much more vocal about his feelings.  He's made very strong statements about how he's interpreting what is going on.  It's a good thing though because he's letting it out rather than keeping it all in.  It's just very heart breaking.

I've made an effort to be home on the weekends rather than spend the entire weekend at my parents house.  I've actually enjoyed it.  We get to accomplish alot more things at home and I noticed I'm less on edge.  I love my family but sometimes some of them are not very supportive.  Plus I already see some of them 5 times a week, that's more than enough.


I'm also looking for a second job.  Between our super basic needs, life and all the attorney fees I'm facing one of several things can happen.  The worse is that I will be out thousands of dollars and no attorneys to finish either of Jose's cases.  I'm getting really frustrated.  You'd think with the holidays coming up there would be a lot of seasonal hiring.  I feel like such a jerk.  So many people are currently unemployed and I'm over here hoping to get a second job.  I just hope I can get a second job before time and the little money I have left runs out.


No comments:

Post a Comment