Friday, September 30, 2011

Fix #3

I stayed home from work today.  My body is aching.  When we bought our house back in March we were told we had to fix three things:
  1. Add a monoxide detector on the main level
  2. Add a smoke detector in the basement
  3. Fix the cracked cement in the back
I've asked for extension after extension in hopes that Jose would be home to do the cement stuff.  It's almost 6 months later and he's still not here.  Fall is here and winter is on it's way and I've run out of extensions. So in true America fashion I waited until the last day to do fix #3.  I picked up my dad yesterday after work and in the middle of high winds and threatening rain he and I patched up the cement out back.  It took about an hour or so to do.  I did most of it and he directed.  Poor Papa is getting on with the years and he was tired just by looking at the project.  Mixing that cement has given me a new found respect for masons and laborers.  Jose was a laborer for several years and I've seen him work at my dads house.  He made it seem so easy.  He'd mix the cement like it was cake batter and put where it needed to be as if it weighed nothing.  He's going to get a kick at seeing the mess I made but at least it's done and I can get the town off my B-hind.   Lord knows if he were here it would have been done a long time ago and it would be prettier too.

1 comment:

  1. Javi and his dad do the same thing. Javi mixes up the cement like nothing. I tried it and my arms were hurting after a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete