Friday, September 9, 2011

He's out of solitary!!

I got a call at work from my mom yesterday.  She said Jose called saying he was released from solitary.  He had spent over a month in solitary for no real reason.  I felt relieved because now he can call home more often and his patience will not run out as long as he keeps busy.   He called home last night and it felt good to hear his voice.  Now we wait, again, to see what happens with his other case.   In a little over a week we'll have some sort of news again, this time I will be present in court.  I'm praying for a miracle.

Every night the images of seeing him released fill my mind.  From the drive to the detention center to walking into our home that he barely knows.  I see myself hugging him and I feel all the sad and depressing emotions of the months past change into joy and happiness.  The awesome feeling of telling Cairo that I will be bringing back his dad and being there after school knowing that Jose will be home waiting for him.  The look on Cairos face when he sees Jose for the first time and runs into his arms.  The tears running down Jose's face from being able to hold his son after months and months of being away. All of that comes to my mind every night.  The images of our family being together again and happy.

I promised my son that I would everything I could to bring his dad back.  I pray that I do not let him down.

2 comments:

  1. Hi America, My name is Stephanie and i am ow in Mexico with my 2 kids and husband. My husband was in the US illegally so, when GA first approved the HB87 law which, is similar to Arizona's infamous law, we decided to come here and to try to get his Visa. I don't know much about fighting deportation but, if you need anything, if it is just to chat, you can email me or just comment on my blog. There are alot of women blogging here who have either went through what you are going through or have just moved to Mexico to be with their significant other and they have been my saviours! When I found all of these ladies, I was at a breaking point, I was ready to leave Mexico and say to Hell with it all but, through them, I found strength to keep going so, I can tell you from experience. As I said, if you need anything, you know where to find us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I really appreciate it. It has been a very difficult time for us.

    ReplyDelete