Friday, July 15, 2011

It's hard to ask for help

I just started Joses petition yesterday and I've got printed versions to ask people if they can sign it.  I thought it would be a good way to get the online peeps to sign and the too tech savvy to sign it.  The first person I asked to sign the paper petition was one of my mom's neighbors, it was not difficult to ask her, she willfully accepted and even spoke well of Jose.  Tonight a few of us went to another one of my mom's neighbors house for a Tupperware party thing (and yes, it was a real Tupperware party not an "alternative" Tupperware party), there were plenty of would be signers of the petition.  I was able to ask the women I knew to sign it and they did, I could not, on the other hand, ask the other women or the men to sign.  The hostess and my sister-in-law asked for me, I just broke down in tears.  I could not bring myself to vocalize the purpose of the petition.  This is an emotional hurdle I just can't get passed. Talking to my sister-in-law earlier I thought it was my insecurities, el que diran? (what will they say?) syndrome.  The more I think about it now, it's not so much el que diran, it's the fact that I feel extremely vulnerable, I feel weak.  I never really learned how to ask for help when I need it, my family can tell you that.  It was hard enough to open up to close friends about this but now to tell people that do not know me or Jose or my family very well and to ask them to sign something for us, it's hard. I'm going to do my best to get passed it, it's one more hurdle I need to get over and it's not the biggest considering everything else that's going on.  I've said this before and I will say it again, I am very humbled and touched by the generosity and support we have gotten so far.  Thank you to all of you, I hope to be able to return the favor in some way.

3 comments:

  1. Your welcome you don't even have to say thank you. I'm pretty sure that you would do the same to help someone else out. I hope that everything goes ok. I know it's hard but all you can do italent it day by day & sometimes even minute by minute. Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this doesn't address anything in your blog, but I subscribe to you via google reader and hadn't had anything ever show up from your blog. All the sudden, today I had 20 posts from you on my reader! All this time I thought you were never writing anything, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @greengagirl I realized there was a problem with reader so I messed with feedburner and that seemed to have resolved the problem! :)

    ReplyDelete