Tuesday, November 8, 2011

7 months

Three days ago marked the 7 month mark of Jose being under mandatory detention.  The only good news I have to give is that our marriage request was approved and he's been moved closer to home, about an hour or so away from us.

Mr. Little B and I went over to ICE on Friday and talked to the officer in charge of Joses case. She tolds us we were just approved that morning.  I talked to Jose this evening and he said he has signed all the paper work needed and all I needed to do was to drive over there and pay the $30 fee and that they would be in contact with me.  
So far, they have yet to call or send me anything official so I'm giving them a few more days before I go over and ask what bloody hell?  

We also requested that Jose be moved closer.  That same day we were told he would be moved on Wednesday, as in tomorrow, but he was moved yesterday, Monday.  This kinda solidifies the horror stories I've heard about people being deported days before they were told and ICE sending their family memebers on wild goose chases across the country trying to get one last good bye before they are forever ripped apart.

My cousin and her hubby have been here for about a week, they will be leaving this Friday.  In mental preparation of the possibility of moving to Monterrey I asked them what the economy is like there and how bad is it really?  They straight forwardedly said stay here.  They said if they could they would stay here themselves.  It was not the answer I was hoping for.  I was hoping for a sign of "don't worry, you guys will be ok" or "things are slowly getting better", something like that, but no that is not what I heard.  I heard that jobs are scarce and underpaid and the violence is so bad you are a prisoner in your own home.  This puts a dent in plan B, now what do I do?  I can't imagine living my life with my husband in an another country, Jose needs his son just at much as Cairo needs his dad, yet if Jose is deported there is absolutely no way of getting him back the "legal way". What are my options?  I'm at a loss, but I feel like I need to keep fighting to keep him here and to get him back especially if living in Mexico is out of the question.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you guys find a solution that fits your situation. I can't imagine how all of this must feel.
    I know when I went to Monterrey around 8 years ago, it wasn't that bad. The people were nice and we felt safe.
    I realize things have changed since I visited.
    Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete