Friday, August 12, 2011

Tweeting the devil and the Wasilewski family

I was able to attend todays immigration vigil downtown.  Every Friday a group of people gather at the downtown court house and pray for the families affected by current immigration laws.  Immigrants are deported from the building some during the day on Fridays.  Mr. Little B has a solid attendance rate, I've only been able to go a couple times because of morning issues, like actually getting up early enough to make it there on time and getting Cairo out of bed.

I made it a point to go today because I knew the Wasilewski family was going to be there. I got my butt up and got to the blue line in time to get there. The Wasilewski family was there, it brought me to tears to see them. When everything was done I walked over to Janina and welcomed her back.  She gave me a big hug and I told her that I am very happy they were together again and she had a beautiful family.  She asked me what my story was and I explained, of course I started to tear up and she gave me a big hug.  She gave me hope with her words.  I will keep her in my thoughts and I am very grateful I got to meet them.  Brian is very cute, he reminded me of Cairo, I wanted to squeeze him but I restrained myself because well you know he's 10 and I didn't want to freak him out.

I talked to Mr. Little B before he left.  Jose did not call yesterday, I don't think he was allowed and I really don't think he would have missed calling Cairo on his birthday.  So I'm sure Jose was not allowed to call home, he's still in the hole.  He said to document everything, it's our only way of fighting back in the end.  During the vigil Mr. Little B suggested as every one does, to contact our local reps and senators about CIR, "Silence is acceptance".  Email, send letters and/or tweet every day, he said.  So I am taking it upon myself to tweet as many times as I remember....like just now....to tweet:  

We need #CIR,  stop #deportations! @RepMikeQuigley @SenatorDurbin @SenatorReid @SenatorSanders @Kirk4senate @LamarSmithTX21 #immigration

As you can see I've included Mr. Lamar Smith.  I invite you to do the same.  BTW you will have to change your tweet slightly if you want to keep retweeting it.  I just discovered that as I just.....retweeted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment