Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas 2011

This Christmas was spent at my parents house.  It was just the four of us, Mom, Dad, Cairo and myself.  I baked a ham, we had some salads for sides and we watched holiday movies and cartoons.  Cairo and I spent the night so we could all keep each other company.  It was a very low key holiday this year.  We didn't make tamales and we didn't play games.  We didn't dress up or play holiday music.  I'm surprised how hard it was on me.  Thanksgiving was also low key but my mind was kept off of things...Christmas, on the other hand, was a bit harder to deal with, maybe because it's been almost 9 months since he's been gone.  Even when Jose and I were separated, we found ourselves together for Christmas.  This is the first and hopefully last Christmas we spend apart.

Cairo and I drove out to see him on Christmas morning.  I didn't know if they were going to allow visitations, but we drove out anyway.  I was thankful to see that they did and we were in the first group.  It was great seeing his smiling face.  I wanted to cry, having to say Feliz Navidad through a video screen.  Cairo was happy to see his dad but he got very upset after a while.  It was to be expected.  We have court coming up soon after the new year.  I'm hoping we'll have good news then.

Jose seems to be in better spirits.  He's sounding more calm and is ready for what ever may come our way.  I'm off this week so I'm enjoying hanging out with Cairo and watching him play and be a kid.  I just wish Jose can see him.  Cairo has grown so much and is such a funny little guy.  Hopefully next year will be a much better one filled with blessings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment