Thursday, July 26, 2012

The eye of the storm.

What can I say? Things are good now. Jose started working, thankfully, I still have my job and Cairo is on summer vacation. Things seem relatively normal. Every now and then I remember this is not over. We still have to be back in court some time next year, then I get a little scared because I don't know what is going to happen then.

I don't really say anything to Jose, but I'm afraid that our life as we now know it is just the eye of the storm. It's calm now but that day will be here when we least expect it and we can be thrown into all kinds of chaos all over again. Cairo and I are still going to therapy. He's doing so much better, he's started being ok being away from us over night. It's a slow process and he's a smart strong little guy. I'm sure he's going to come out of this ok.

I'm going to the immigration vigil tomorrow. We had been going kind of often but then Jose started to work. Since we only have the one care we're basically up at 5am, we drop off Cairo with Grandma or Auntie, Jose drops me off at the train and then he's off to work. It's nice that I can get out of work super early but poor Cairo is up way to early and he's going to start school soon, which is going to complicate things a little more. The good thing is I'm better at timing myself to get to the right bus or train so I don't miss the other train or bus I need to catch to get home :) Anyways...as I was saying....I'm going to the vigil tomorrow. The Cardinal is going to be there and he's looking forward to meeting some of the families that have been affected by current immigration policy. I'm looking forward to meeting him.

No comments:

Post a Comment