Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day 2012

Yesterday was Valentines Day. Sunday night Cairo and I made a Valentines Day card for Jose which he should be getting today. I kinda dropped the ball on that one and should have sent it on Friday or Saturday, in my defense last week I was thinking "oh it's not for another week, we have plenty of time!"...uh yeah right.

I know it was a good thing to sit with Cairo and make the cards but I didn't think it was going to be so emotional for him. Chris, my brother, has been picking him up from school for me and Monday night,when they got to Chris's house, my sister-in-law said Cairo was in tears, he went on an emotional rant about how it was Valentines and we made cards and his papi isn't here...etc.  She asked him if he was feeling that way all day at school and he said no, walking up the stairs made him think of his papi.  It broke her heart and mine when she told me.

Yesterday morning was bitter sweet. Jose called before we headed out for school. It was awesome hearing his voice in the morning. I hadn't gone to see him on Sunday because his brother and cousin went to visit him. His voice sounded like home in my ear. I was in tears after we hung up. When I got home from work there was a letter waiting for me from him, it contained a beautiful drawing of a heart and rose.

This is another holiday that not even when we were separated were we apart.  I remember clearly that year, I was living in my brothers house during that time, and when I got home from work there were a dozen red roses in my room. I remember having this enormous smile and thinking "jerk". He was wiggling his way back into my heart....he never really left it, but he didn't know that...or so I thought. We had been separated for four months by then. It was a weird time in our lives, we were separated but together. We were just kidding ourselves...or he was just letting me go through the motions, waiting for me to come home. Now, Cairo and I are the ones waiting for him to come home.  If only it were only up to his will for it to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment